As Hurricane Isabel approaches Cabrini, it is important to remember what you can do to ensure your health and safety.
CNN.com offers some safety tips:
* Put aside money and carry all of your credit cards.
* Plan an escape route. Have multiple routes planned out and make sure your gas tank is filled and cell phone is charged.
* Figure out ahead of time where you can go if told to evacuate. Places such as a friend’s home or a motel are recommended.
* Assemble a supply kit that includes a first-aid kit with any essential medications, canned food with a can opener, three gallons of water per person, protective clothing, bedding and sleeping bags. A battery-powered radio, flashlight and extra batteries are also recommended.
* Upon evacuation, do not forget to trun off electrical devices.
* Move to safe, low-lying areas such as the basement of your dorm.
* Stayed informed of the current conditions by monitoring weather advisories on the internet, television and radio.