Top Menu

Archive | News

What’s happening on campus, in the community and around the world.

Cynthia GoldsmithThis colorized transmission electron microgra

The Ebola virus

Ebola was first found in Zaire or what is now known as the Democratic Republic of Congo, in 1976. The Ebola virus is an extremely rare disease and symptoms are similar to a very severe flu. Sweating, body aches, pains, vomiting and uncontrollable diarrhea are all symptoms of Ebola.

(Sophie Hong/Submitted Photo)

Awaken Change

“Our parents try to stop us from participating and I lied to my parents, for three days, because they don’t think democracy is good,” second year Hong Kong Baptist University student, Stephanie Chan said. “I didn’t quite share much with them about anything other than that I typed my opinions via Facebook. Perhaps our parents […]

(Flickr/Creative Commons)

A look inside LGBT

Why should someone be judged by their sexuality? Why does it matter whether someone is homosexual, heterosexual or asexual? Why can’t society just allow individuals to be who they are, except that and move on? It does not affect anyone except themselves, so the justification of judgement in the LGBT community is completely irrelevant.

The back entrance of House 2, the Dixon House, which is currently unoccupied by students. (Joey Rettino/Managing Editor)

Dixon House to be restored

Dr. Donald Taylor, president of Cabrini, and the school’s board of trustees decided last week to renovate the Dixon House Residence Hall, which was shut down in September 2011 due to the extensive growth of mold.

Sasha Dougherty standing under rainbow-colored balloon archway. (Anesia Meredith/Staff Writer)

LGBT history month

October is LGBT history month. LGBT is an acronym which stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender. LGBT month is celebrated both nationally and internationally throughout the world.

3 departments pilot mid-term grade reporting

For the fall 2014 semester, the business, mathematics and education departments will be reporting mid-term grades. As of now only these three departments will be required to input mid-term grades. These departments will be piloting the midterm grade reporting so that academic affairs can review the process and adjust anything if necessary.

The two sides of working at Sodexo

Several Sodexo employees, from Cavs Corner, gave their input on how the viewed their jobs and the fairness of their workplace. Two of the four employees find Cavs Corner to be a good place to work, while the other half interviewed found ample room for improvement. Dorothy Shuler, a 5 year Cavs Corner employee, thoroughly […]

The back lot of the administrative building in Norristown. (Jessica Paradysz/Perspectives Editor)

Domestic violence – everyone’s issue

A senseless shooting near the Santa Barbara campus killed six women and injured thirteen. The deadly May 23 rampage was sparked by the rage of the killer, Elliot Rodger who made chilling videos documenting his hatred for the female race .Three victims were stabbed to death, the last three shot before the perpetrator shot himself. […]

IMG_7620

Photos: The inaugural Campus Beautification Day

As apart of President Don Taylor’s new initiatives, he started a semesterly Campus Beautification Day. Starting the inaugural event at 8 a.m. on Oct. 2, faculty, students and alumni gathered to work alongside the facilities department to plant trees, bulbs and shrubs throughout campus. For those who couldn’t make today’s event, there will be another […]

Off campus living at Cabrini

According to Cabrini’s website, 60 percent of students live in one of the 12 residence halls on campus, aside from those in the remaining 40 percent that commute from home. Where do the other students live?