Sometimes an old school movie night is the way to go. Why not pull out some of those old VHS tapes and pop one into the VCR for a rainy day.
- The Breakfast Club (1985)- Teen drama film about your typical high school stereotypes who meet in a Saturday detention. The five students come together in their school’s library when they realize they are all a little deeper than the cliques that they put themselves in.
- Sixteen Candles (1984)- Being sixteen can be tough. Being embarrassed on your 16th birthday can be even worse. In this coming of age film, Sam Baker struggles to get through the day of her 16th birthday when her entire family forgets and embarrassing incidents ensue.
- Back to the Future (1985)- When Doc Brown invents time travel in this science-fiction comedy film. When Marty Mcfly travels from 1985 to 1955, he meets his parents in high school. Marty catches his mother’s eye and accidently sparks her love interest, putting at risk his parent’s relationship and his existence.
- E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial (1982)- In this science-fiction film, a young boy named Elliot along with his siblings Michael and Gertie help an alien to return home while trying to hide him from both their parents and the government.
- The Goonies (1985)- In an adventure-comedy, a group of friends go on an adventure to find the buried treasure of “One-eyed Willie.” On the way, they encounter booby traps and a family of fugitives, the Fratellis.
- Top Gun (1986)- In an action film, students in an elite United States flying school compete to be the best in the class.
- Ghostbusters (1984)- In a science-fiction comedy, ghost capturers in New York City launch their own paranormal exterminator business, calling themselves the “Ghostbusters.”
- Dirty Dancing (1987)- Every girl’s favorite movie. In this romantic film, in a plan to spite her father, a 17-year old girl begins dating a dance instructor during a family summer vacation.
- Return of the Jedi (1983)- The third film released in the adventure and fantasy Star Wars saga. Luke Skywalker struggles to bring his father, Darth Vader back from the Dark Side.
10. Caddy Shack (1980)- In this comedy film Danny Noonan aspires to make enough money to put him through college by working at an upscale country club.