Reevaluating your Ramen Recipes
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 11 minutes
2 cups water
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 packages instant ramen (minus the seasoning packets)
1 handful oyster mushrooms (optional)
- Combine water, butter and olive oil in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Stir often and reduce heat to medium before adding the cheese and black pepper. Add the instant ramen and continue to stir so that the cheese doesn’t clump up.
- If there is too much liquid for the ramen to absorb, pour some out. Once the noodles are cooked and the liquid has reduced, the dish is ready. You want the sauce to coat the back of a spoon.
- Serve immediately and eat as soon as possible. Bonus: quickly stir-fry some oyster mushrooms on the side to convince yourself it’s healthy.
Cheesy Chili Ramen:
1 package Chicken flavored Ramen Noodles
1 cube Knorr Chipotle flavored bouillion
2 tsp cheddar powder (from instant mac & cheese or popcorn seasoning)
2 tsp butter
Combine all in mug, add water and microwave for 3 minutes.
Top with 1 Tbsp. of green onion (optional)
Bacon and egg breakfast Ramen
- 1 package of ramen
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice of thick-sliced bacon
- 1/2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 packet of soup base
- 1 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp korean chili paste
- drizzle of sesame oil
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 sheet of nori, thinly sliced
- Place egg in a medium pot with 3 cups of water and bring to boil over medium heat. Cook egg to desired consistency and remove from water using a slotted spoon. Place into an ice bath, peel and set aside until ready to serve. Be sure to reserve the cooking water to prepare the noodles.
- Cook the egg for about 6 minutes for a nice runny yolk
- Cook the bacon in the skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until just browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- In a small pot, add the chicken broth, a few pieces of sliced tomato, water, chili paste and 1/2 of the flavor packet, and bring to a gentle simmer for 5-7 minutes. Taste and adjust to your liking. Remove from heat.
- Bring reserved cooking liquid (from the egg) to a boil. Add the noodles, separating them with chopsticks as they soften, about 3 minutes. Drain immediately and place into serving bowl. Carefully pour soup over noodles and garnish with bacon, tomato slice, scallions, nori and sesame oil. Cut the egg in half and gently place on top of noodles. Serve immediately.