1.It’s so easy to make friends when you live on campus, because you are constantly around other students.
2. Being close to class is a huge advantage when it comes to college. Instead of fighting over a parking space, you can take your time to get ready in the morning and get some exercise walking to class.
3. When you live on campus, it’s very easy to find a club or organization to get involved with and since you are already on campus, it won’t be hard to make the meetings.
4. Most students look forward to the day when they get to live on their own. Not only do you get a chance to gain some independence but you also learn to do many things for yourself. It allows you to come into your own and discover how to do your own laundry.
5. Study groups and group projects are constantly being held all over campus. It is much easier to force yourself to go to these events when you’re already on campus.
6. Having a roommate is one of the most hated or loved college experiences. For some, having a roommate means developing a lifelong friend. For others it gives you the opportunity to develop patience and understanding for other people.
7. Since Cabrini is in an area surrounded by many other colleges we have options as to how we would like to spend our free time. Cabrini is a short drive from Philadelphia where you can find something for everyone.
8. With staff always on campus, you’ll continuously have someone to help you. Whether you need help with your schoolwork or you’re looking to receive some career advice, all of these offices can be found on your campus.
9. Campus police are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you can feel safe. Cabrini is also equipped with emergency stations around campus.
10. Most students who live on campus attend sporting events. Since every location on Cabrini’s campus is a short five minute walk you don’t have to worry about parking.
1. You save money by not having to worry about room and board, meal plans or other living expenses. You have the comfort of living at home.
2. As a first-year student, you can become involved with a living and learning community (ACE Non-Residential). Commuters are always given the chance to bond with one another and those friendships can last for years.
3. With Cabrini having a larger commuter population than other schools, you won’t be the only one in your class who doesn’t live on campus.
4. If you live at home, you never have to worry about being homesick.You see your loved ones everyday when you wake up and when you come home .
5. You don’t have to worry about your roommates going home for the weekend and leaving you alone. You can hang out with friends from home or invite people over to your house.
6. You also never need to worry about not getting along with your roommates.
7. Food can be brought from your house, local grocery store or you could go with fast food. The cafeteria is not your only option.
8. When classes are over, you can actually leave campus. Depending on how hectic your schedule is, this can be a great opportunity to “escape” from the college life.
9. The housing lottery won’t affect you, which means you don’t need to panic when you see the line standing at the door to Residence Life.
10. At the end of your four years, you will have a degree and a decent-sized group of friends. You may never have had a roommate or eaten food from the cafeteria but you will still have a college experience worth remembering.